Campus Living Villages will release any qualifying first year Griffith University student from their agreement up to and including 5.00pm (AEST) 22 January 2017 should you:
• Not receive an offer to study at Griffith University
• Decide to study at another university
To be eligible for the cancellation of an agreement;
• Written documentation must be received prior to 5.00pm (AEST) 25 January 2017 in order to be released from the agreement.
• Only when documentation is provided up to and including 5.00pm (AEST) 25 January 2017 will the agreement cease.
• Any unused portion of rent determined by the difference between the cancellation date and the 25 January 2017 will be refunded.
• Any cancellation requested after the 25 January 2017 will require the continuation of rent to be paid until a replacement can be sourced to take over the agreement in question at which time the agreement will cease.
In regards to Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) bond, which is equivalent to 4 weeks rent, it is lodged with the RTA once payment has been processed. It is due and payable upon your arrival to the Village in 2017.
Should you qualify for your contract to be released as above, your account is fully up to date and an exit inspection has been conducted then we will arrange for the RTA to refund your security bond.
Please be aware, entering into a residential tenancy agreement is a binding document between the tenant (you) and the lessor (Griffith University Village). If you have any questions about your obligations as a tenant then please contact us before signing the agreement.